In the immediate vicinity of the school we utilize two playing fields, a spacious schoolyard, Handball alley, the town library, the Energy centre and the swimming pool. Over the years staff members have build up an impressive collection of sports and athletics equipment which is used regularly.
St. Patrick's B.n.S. Yard
- - Language: Gaeilge and English.
- - Mathematics
- - Social, environmental and Scientific Education: History, Geography and Science.
- - Arts Education: visual arts, music and drama incorporating
school concerts ~ participation in Scór competitions ~ workshop with Cuisle Avondhú ~ tin whistle ~ drama lessons with school staff and visiting teacher.
- - Physical Education:
hurling (indoor and outdoor) ~ football ~ soccer~ tag rugby ~ tennis ~ swimming ~ gymnastics ~ orienteering ~ athletics ~ dance.
St. Patrick's B.n.S. "Thriller" dance Performance
The school competes in the Cork City Sports, North Cork Schools’ Sports, F.A.I. Inter-Schools Soccer, North Cork Sciath na Scoil Hurling and Football, Schools’ Indoor Hurling Competition, Mallow Primary Schools’ Swimming Gala, Munster Boys’ Primary Schools Tennis, Schools Tag Rugby and Cork Schools’ Orienteering.
- - Social, Personal and Health Education:
- Walk Tall, Stay Safe, R.S.E. and Substance Abuse Programmes.
- - Junior Traffic Wardens.
- - Participation in School Completion Programme.
- - Cookery.
- - Healthy- eating policy promoted.
- - Litter awareness fostered.
- - Fund-raising for Bóthar, Concern, Trócaire and local charities.
- - Annual educational school tours to places of cultural, historical or sporting interest.
- - Visits to town library to meet visiting authors.
- - Annual Awards Day.
- - Quizzes; The school regularly enters teams in the various Quiz Competitions.
- - Religious Education: Preparation for Sacraments, annual School Mass, access to regular Confession, Advent and Lenten preparation, participation in May Procession.
St. Patrick's B.n.S. garden